Wednesday 28 September 2011

Who am I? A look into my life

        Although it may see surprising to some of you I actually have hobbies and interests in my life outside of school.  What most people don't know about me is that I have a passion for cooking.  I love entertaining and creating masterpieces out of food.  My favourite time of the year to cook is around Halloween making all sorts of goodies like candy apples or haunted gingerbread houses. There is no food that I won't try and it is my goal to try as much exotic food as I can.  Every time I travel my first mission is to eat the national dish of the particular country that I am visiting.  When I'm not cooking or away eating I spend my time watching cooking on television to get new recipe ideas.  You can share my love of cooking by finding some new recipes at http://www.foodnetwork.com/.  As much as I admire cooking, it has one major downfall- most of it is done indoors!
         My second hobby definitely gets me outside which is my favourite place to be.  I spend my weekends and holidays in the winter on the slopes of ski hills snowboarding.  I learned how to ski when I was merely 3 years old and switched to snowboarding after 10 years of skiing.  I have visited the Rocky Mountains several times and have even lived there.  By visiting http://www.skibig3.com/ you can see some of my favourite mountains to board that were right in my back yard when I lived in Alberta.
        As much as I enjoys snowboarding and cooking, if you were to ask any of my family or friends what my biggest passion in life is they would all tell you the same thing: biology.  Whether it is exploring the world of dinosaurs, learning about the human body, or trying to conserve the environment I am always fascinated by how the world around me works and how I can make it a better place. To learn more our wonderful world and the plants and animals that makes it so special check out http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/planet-earth/.


Miss Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment